Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Woven Paper Apples

This time of year, I like to use an apple theme to add excitement and color to the building.  Last year, I did apple stamping with the kids, but decided that I needed something a little more exciting.  The kids loved apple stamping, but for the sake of my staff and the parents coming in tonight for Curriculum Night, I felt we needed a different take on the traditional "apple theme".  Here is a photo from www.creativejewishmom.com which inspired our soon-to-be colorful, woven apples:

Oh, and of course, I had to tie in some literature with this project.  We read the book, Apples to Oregon.  This is a great book!  It's a "slightly true" story (which kids love) about the Oregon Trail.  It's a Mark Twain Award Winning book and is also one of our AR books, which I encouraged the kids to take an AR test on the story for additional reinforcement.

No comments :

Post a Comment